Monday, April 19, 2010

The New Doctor Who


Since I am a huge fan of both David Tennant and Russell Davies, I was prepared to be skeptical of Matt Smith and David Moffat in the new Doctor Who. After Saturday night's season five opener on BBC America, I am won over...well mostly. I thought Matt Smith very charming and funny, delivering a fast talking frenetic Doctor, much like his predecessor. I look forward to him turning the Doctor into a character that is uniquely his own. Based on the previews for the upcoming episodes, Moffat has taken some of the best of Doctor Who lore and is expanding it. Funniest moment? When the Doctor, who has saved the world in just twenty minutes, explains how he did it all in one breath, and jubilantly finishes with "Who da man??" Everyone stares at him, in stunned silence, and he says, "Ok, I'm never saying that again!" New episode next week, Saturday night on BBC America at 8:00 CST. Check it out. (Photo credit to the BBC)

No comments: